There are lots of ways to help the Co-op run well. When you volunteer, you get the satisfaction of working with others in our community on projects of common interest and foster a spirit of cooperation among all. Volunteers earn a grocery discount! Plus, you can earn time bank hOurs when you volunteer at YFC (click link for more info about hOur Exchange Ypsi).
Please talk to the manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering.
Here are some current ways you can help:
- Staffing information tables especially at special events such as the Heritage Festival (Aug 26-27-28), the Festival of the Honey Bee (9/6), Homegrown Festival (9/12), and other events — 2 to 4 hour shifts
- Farmers Market booth — 2 to 4 hour shift on Saturday mornings
- Service on the Board of Directors — minute-taker needed 3rd Tues of each month for about 3 hours
- Serve on Committees — Food Ethics Committee needs volunteers 4-6 hours/month
- Working in the store prepping produce and stocking — 2 to 4 hour shift on Wednesday mornings
- Carpentry and shelf building
- Professional Services such as legal or accounting services
- Help organizing field trips to local vendors and farms
- Writing newsletter articles
- Gardening around the store and in the Honeybee Alley
- Assisting with inventory, special projects, cleaning, etc.
You may download the Volunteer Application Forms (below) and fill them out to have ready when you speak to the manager. You can also pick up hard copies in the store.
Thanks for your interest in volunteering with Your Co-op!